Friday, October 18, 2013

DIY Smartwatch: Silent but not Idle

It may have been over a month since I've posted anything, but I've certainly been productive in that time!  I've gotten quite a few things done including making the bill of materials, circuit design, and board design as well as ordering everything I should need for the finished product.  Now that I'm waiting for everything to arrive, it's time to catch up on the documentation.

Over the next few days I'm going to try and write posts for how I established all of the other components to include in the circuit, how I designed the circuit itself, and how I designed the board.  The lines between these topics also became quite blurred as I went on so I'm only going to cover the finished product and briefly discuss how I arrived there.

In the past month another DIY watch similar to what I plan also popped up over at Hackaday so I may also take a post to comment on what I liked from that design, what I didn't, and overall what I thought of it.

Lastly, I noticed a pretty neat competition over at Instructables that I may try and enter, assuming I finish by the Nov 11th deadline.  Grand prize is a new laptop, 2nd gen Nexus 7, and quadcopter.  It looks like the requirements are very broad, it has to be designed with a microcontroller, so hopefully I'll be entering this watch as well as my Pi on the Face project.

No comments:

Post a Comment